I have to admit that I am not a voracious reader contrary to how others perceive of me. As I’ve previously stated, I’m a late bloomer and the books I’ve read before are not that many as compared now. As a kid, I was not exposed to reading until my uncle’s wife encouraged me to read. First, I read Archie comics, Sweet Valley series, Nancy Drew series, Bobsey Twins series, and Hardy Boys series. It wasn’t until I graduated that I came to realize how important reading is and here are some of the reasons why from the very mundane to the weirdest one.
- It makes you intelligently sexy.
- It gives you a sense of accomplishment because you finally finished the story.
- It can fuel your imagination.
- It makes you learn new things such as the culture of other countries and also new words.
- It will help you socialize with other people once you have something in common that you’ve read.
- It promotes brain activity.
- It will help you lose weight because you will forget to eat when you’re fully immersed in the story.
- It helps save money because books are cheap and can be bought second hand.
- It provides free entertainment.
- It will bring you to places without costing a fare.
So what are you waiting for? Grab a book right now and start reading. You’ll never know how good reading is until you’ve tried it. You can start small by reading some of these books from Goodreads which are easy to read.
Happy New Year 2016 and happy reading!